Moments after reports emerged that the Canadian girls, who were kidnapped in Kumasi, have been rescued in good health, actor John Dumelo has suggested that the Canadian experts who came to Ghana in connection with their abducted nationals should stay in Ghana for a week more.
Two Canadian women were kidnapped by some unknown persons in Kumasi in the Ashanti region last week.
Luv FM’s Erastus Asare Donkor reported on Adom FM’s morning show Dwaso Nsem, that the unidentified men on-board a car forced the victims into their vehicle at Ahodwo Kumasi and sped off.
Lauren Patricia Catherine Tilley, 19, and Bailey Jordan Chitly, 20, were, however, rescued Wednesday dawn in Sawaba, a suburb of Kumasi.
This was disclosed by the Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah in a press statement, Wednesday.
But, according to Mr Dumelo, it would be good if the government works hand-in-hand with the kidnapped experts from Canada to locate the infamous missing Takoradi girls, who went missing between August and December 2018.
He tweeted: “Can the Canadians, who came to rescue the kidnapped Canadian citizens, please stay on for like a week more and help us find our missing Takoradi girls?
“I will pay for accommodation I beg,” he said.
Read his post below:
When a twitter user said Mr Dumelo failed to show apathy towards the missing girls until the experts came in to help, this was what he had to say:
“My Fante brother, there was nothing I could do with regards to the Taadi girls issue cos the CID boss said she knew where the girls were. Should I have bought credit for Madam Tiwaa to call the kidnappers?” John clapped back. (below)
Source: Adomonline.com | Dennis K. Adu