The vehicle which was set on fire
The vehicle which was set on fire

The accounts of two men considered key witnesses in the gruesome murder of the Ashanti King’s close relative, Nana Kwadwo Afoduo, have been described as key in resolving the crime.

A farmer and a Reverend Minister claimed they foiled attempts by the unknown culprits to bury and conceal every trace of evidence by quenching the fire set to the late chief’s vehicle, in an apparent attempt to conceal the body of the Asamponhene, Nana Afoduo. 

The 46-year-old chief was said to be a direct relative of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.

The two individuals came in handy for police investigators by helping, for instance, to retrieve the late chief’s mobile phone which had proved critical.

The vehicle which was set on fire
Nana Asamponhene’s Land Cruiser vehicle

ALSO: Lady abducted in Shama, dumped at Weija

Police say the communication device contains vital information useful for further investigations.

What appeared to be obstruction by the farmer forced the alleged killers to drive off about 400 meters away on the Ejura-Nkoranza Road to execute their plan.

“I was on the farm when I saw this vehicle crashing into a rock by the roadside. I rushed to the scene to offer support but while I was approaching, the vehicle sped off. Later I heard reports this same car was on fire so I rushed there only to see the body of a man at the backseat of the car,”  he told Nhira FM’s Ohemeng Tawiah in Twi.

The vehicle which was set on fire
Nana Asamponghene’s Land Cruiser vehicle partly burnt

ALSO: 23 Menzgold customers dead so far; most bedridden

A Christian preacher, Bismark Agyemang, (not his real name), said he was returning from a prayer meeting with some church members when they came across the incident.

“We saw that this Land Cruiser was on fire so I stopped and other vehicles too stopped. I brought out my fire extinguisher and they brought theirs so we managed to put the fire off. Somebody opened the backseat and we saw somebody dead and I said wow!

ALSO: Video: I never jumped bail to Dubai; EOCO knew my whereabouts – NAM1

“I quickly took a car and went straight to Ashiemu, which is a village nearby and reported to the police there and there was even a phone and I gave it to the police,” the Man of God recounted.

Police say that intervention proved decisive as the mobile phone of the late chief was also found at the scene.

Source: Ghana | Nhyira FM | Ohemeng Tawiah |