Fire destroys 8-bedroom house at Konongo Lady Diana

-

Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

An eight-bedroom house has been completely gutted by fire at Konongo Lady Diana in the Asante Akyem Central Municipality of the Ashanti Region, leaving several tenants homeless and counting their losses.

The fire reportedly broke out around 3:00 a.m. on Monday, 18 May 2026, and spread rapidly through the building before residents could salvage their belongings.

One of the victims, James Ofori, told Adom News that the fire may have started after a tenant fell asleep while cooking.

“We believe it started from one tenant who was cooking and slept off. We suspect there was a gas leakage,” he said.

According to him, most occupants were not home at the time of the incident, as they had already left for work, but those who were around were unable to save any property.

“The fire took everything. People have lost all their belongings,” he added.

No casualties have been reported, but the affected families say they have been left stranded as they assess the full extent of the damage.

Authorities are expected to investigate the exact cause of the fire.

ALSO READ:

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.