Daniel Asiedu and Vincent Bosso, the two men linked with the murder of a former legislator, Mr J.B. Danquah-Adu, are yet to stand trial two and half years after the murder incident.

The two suspects are also yet to be committed to stand trial 15 months after the Attorney-General (A-G) filed a nolle prosequi and withdrew the case from the Accra High Court on May 29, 2017.

The High Court had empanelled a jury and was about to take the plea of the two suspects for trial to commence when the A-G filed the nolle prosequi, with the explanation that there was the need for further investigations into the case.

Asiedu and Bosso were then dragged back to the district court for another committal proceeding, which has stalled for the past 15 months.

ALSO READ: JB’s widow curses his killers on birthday

Police prosecutors yesterday, however, reiterated that committal might start soon.

The prosecutor, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Mr George Amegah, told the Accra Central District Court that the A-G had reviewed the case docket.

According to him, the A-G would hopefully start the committal very soon.

The assertion by the prosecutor was described as good news by the Presiding Magistrate, Ms Arit Nsemoh, who had previously chastised the prosecution for unduly delaying the case.

“If you can treat an MP like this, what will happen to the ordinary person on the street? It has been almost three years since this incident happened and you are still delaying,’’ the magistrate had lamented in the past.

Hearing of the case continues on September 19, 2018.

ALSO READ: Court denies alleged JB ‘killers’ bail


Mr Danquah-Adu, who was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Abuakwa North on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), was murdered at his residence in Accra on February 9, 2016.

The facts of the case, as presented by the prosecution, were that the former MP lived with his family in a one-storey house at Shiashie, near East Legon, a suburb of Accra, while Asiedu and Bosso lived at Agbogbloshie, also in Accra.

Around 11:40 p.m. on February 8, 2016, the MP was chauffeured home in his private car.

The driver handed over the ignition keys of the car to Mr Danquah-Adu and left for home, after which the MP retired to bed in a room located on the first floor of his house.

About 1 a.m. that same night, Asiedu and Bosso, armed with a catapult, a cutter and a sharp knife, went to the legislator’s house.

Bosso is said to have assisted Asiedu to enter the house by scaling the wall on the blind side of a security man who was fast asleep.

ALSO READ: Hot AUDIO: JB Danquah ‘killers’ will go mad

On entering the house, Asiedu picked a ladder and climbed onto a porch on the top floor and entered the MP’s bedroom through a window while Mr Danquah-Adu was sleeping.

While Asiedu was searching the room, the MP woke up and held him.

There ensued a struggle, during which Asiedu stabbed the MP in the right chest above the breast.

The MP consequently held the knife and Asiedu pulled it through the former’s hand, leaving a deep cut in his palm.

ALSO READ: Edem, Coded, others deny taking money for Ebony Tribute Concert

The legislator bled profusely and fell by his bed, after which Asiedu stabbed him several times in his right chest and neck.

On realising that the MP was dying, Asiedu left the room and took with him three iPhones and absconded with his accomplice.