A 54-year-old man has been electrocuted at Dansoman-Russia in the Ablekuma Central Constituency following a heavy downpour Monday.
The deceased, Emmanuel Kotey Neequaye is reported to have been electrocuted when he touched a pole closer to a shop in his house resulting in his death.
Wife of the deceased, Enyonam Appai in an interview on Adom News said the pole had come into contact with a high voltage electricity cable following a heavy downpour.
“He was electrocuted after returning from toilet but unfortunately stopped on the way to communicate with some friends at a taxi rank but held a pole closer to a container shop leading to his death.
“I was in the house when someone came to inform me about the incident only to get to the scene to found my husband dead on the floor” she cried.
She said they have informed the Police of the development following which they came to the accident scene to convey the body to the morgue.
Listen to the deceased wife: