The Accra Circuit Court hearing the case involving four persons who allegedly robbed Madam Akua Donkor, founder of the Ghana Freedom Party (GFP), has adjourned the case to March 27.

Prior to the adjournment, the court said there were two applications for bail for the accused persons before it by both counsels for the accused persons.

He said he would provide ample time for the prosecuting of respond to the applications, but emphasised that the motions had nothing to do with the trial of the substantive case.

“It is an application for bail, and that cannot be a process to delay the trial. We would continue with the trial and set a date for you to respond”.

The prosecution also told the court that, counsel for Banabas and Opoku Agyemang, was out of the jurisdiction, and prayed the court for a date to continue with the trial.

The court later adjourned the case to March 27, April 3, and 6 for continuation of trial.

At the last sitting Mr Aikens continued with the cross examination of the first prosecution witness, Madam Akua Donkoh.

The prosecution said on the said day, Akua together with Yusif and Kayase were on board her vehicle – a Mitsubishi Pajero with registration number GT 6028-16 – from Taifa heading towards the Kotoka International Airport to catch a flight to the United States of America.

“Akua decided to pass home and on reaching Sowutuom immediately after the Agbeve Herbal Clinic area, Opoku called Kayase on phone and asked where they have reached while Razak, Joe and Lion were waiting to execute their agenda,” Chief Supt. Tuaruka told the court.

He said the three, armed with guns on board an unregistered motorbike, appeared behind the vehicle, and “as soon as Kayase spotted the armed men, he reduced the speed of the car, showing double hazard indicators that the complainant was in the car.”

Kayase, according to the prosecutor, parked the vehicle and the armed men attacked the complainant with guns and took the monies and items and then dragged her from the vehicle and escaped with the booty.

The prosecution said on 31st December, last year, Razak was arrested when he was called by Yusif to come for his share of the booty.

When Razak was searched, US$4,900 was retrieved from him.

He said upon interrogation Razak admitted the offence and mentioned Joe and Nuamah as his accomplices.

He stated that after the operation, they shared the monies and threw the bag into a nearby bush at Anyaa.

He led the police to retrieve the bag together.

source: GNA