The long-abandoned bridge over the River Tano at Ntotroso in the Ahafo Region is expected to be completed by September 2026, paving the way for the reopening of the route to motorists after nearly eight years.
The bridge is part of the rehabilitation works on the Sunyani–Atronie and Sunyani–Atronie Junction–Acherensua road corridors being undertaken by Alexiboam Company Limited.
The project has so far recorded 33.38 per cent physical progress.
Roads and Highways Minister, Governs Kwame Agbodza, announced the completion timeline during an inspection of road projects in the Bono Region on Thursday, August 19.
He said government was determined to revive abandoned bridge projects across the country and had identified about 50 critical bridges for completion.
According to him, some of the projects had remained unusable because the roads leading to the bridges were left unfinished.
Mr Agbodza criticised the practice of constructing or importing bridge components without ensuring that the associated approach roads were completed.
He said the Ministry was now adopting a coordinated approach to ensure bridges and their connecting roads were delivered together and opened to traffic.
“The difficult work has been done already. I don’t expect them to be here in September. At the end of the year, this section should be done,” he said.
The Minister said completing the Ntotroso bridge and similar projects would ease transportation challenges and improve connectivity for communities along the affected routes.
READ ALSO:
Dansoman Junction traders, drivers welcome planned drainage repairs
Mineworkers demand GH¢380m locked-up funds, threaten industrial action







