girl electrocute
Mother of the deceased couldn't hold back her tears and collapsed

A 10-year-old girl, identified as Blessed Afua Afful, has been electrocuted to death through a metallic TV pole during a heavy downpour at Agona Duakwa in the Agona East District of the Central region.

In an interview with Adom News, grandmother of the deceased, Akua Yamoah said the sad incident happened when Blessed was on her way home from an errand.

girl electrocute
NADMO officials at the scene to assess the situation

ALSO: Esereso residents escape death as van, truck plunge into river minutes apart

 “Blessed was asked by her step-mother to go and take care of her sugarcane and met her untimely death on her return,” she recounted.

girl electrocute
Mother of the deceased couldn’t hold back her tears and collapsed

Meanwhile, the Agona Duakwa Station Officer, Chief Inspector Frederick Kyei Barfour revealed that such incidents were very common in the area with four cases recorded within one year.

ALSO: Yvonne Nelson shares one weird fact about her and it’ll surprise you (photo)

girl electrocute
The deceased’s friends at school were all shocked over her demise

The Agona East District National Disaster Management Organisation Director, Solomon Kweku Pentsil has assured he is going to contact the District Chief Executive to hold an emergency meeting to ban the use of metal pole for TV reception.

girl electrocute
Her mother could not control herself

Blessed’s mother, Abena Akyere, who couldn’t hold her shock after hearing the news, reportedly collapsed.

Source: News/Kofi Adjei