Police investigators have discovered a fourth set of human remains in a well at Nkroful new site at Takoradi in the Western Region, online news portal, myjoyonline.com has reported.
“The remains were discovered at an uncompleted building where Samuel Udutoek-Wills was re-arrested in connection with missing persons and later convicted for unlawful escape,” an update from the police said.
Investigations are underway to establish the identity of the remains while Police continue with all angles of the ongoing investigation.
The update comes as the police are collaborating with the family of three missing girls in the Western Regional capital who have been allegedly kidnapped by Udutoek-Wills.
The first girl, Priscilla Bentum has been missing since August 17, 2018.
On Friday, July 31, police discovered some set of human remains in a septic tank on a property previously owned by the suspect.
The police said they made the discovery as part of their own efforts at examining several angles of the investigation.
“Claims that a confession or tip-off led to the discovery are untrue,” the police said.
What have the families of the missing girls said?
The families of the girls have meanwhile, said they are unwilling to collaborate with the DNA team which has been dispatched to Takoradi to ascertain if the remains are those of the victims.
According to the families, the manner in which the case has been handled is worrying.
Mr Koranchie father of the girls told Joy News’ Kojo Yankson in an interview that until the many yet-to-be-answered questions boggling his mind gets cleared by the police, his family will not submit themselves for any checks.
“Mr Brian Acheampong (Minister of State in charge of National Security) and the CID boss (Maame Tiwa Addo-Danquah) have all confirmed to us that the girls are alive and are in safe hands. They said they are doing all they can to go and rescue them,” the distressed father said.
“For them to turn around and tell us that they have found some bones in a certain manhole…we don’t believe it. I don’t believe whatever is going on so I cannot avail myself to the DNA test that will be done. This is my decision.”
The families at a joint presser on Tuesday, have said they will only cooperate if the DNA tests would be carried out by an independent forensic expert.