One person is reported dead and four others injured after a gas explosion at Assin Kushea in Central Region.
An eyewitness who only identified himself as Joe told Adom News the gas exploded in the room of the deceased.
He explained that, Davidson Keteku, a 52-year-old driver realizing the gas was leaking, attempted to cover the cylinder but it exploded killing him instantly.
Joe noted that, the other occupants in the room sustained serious injuries but he escaped because he was lying outside.
He said he called for help and the four injured were rushed to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) in Kumasi.
But Davidson Keteku who was pronounced dead on arrival and his body has been deposited at the same hospital morgue pending autopsy.
Listen to the eye witness

Meanwhile, Second in Command at the Assin Fosu Fire Station, ADO2 Nobert Amoh Sarfo is cautioning Ghanaians to avoid cooking in their rooms to reduce the rising residential gas explosions in the country.