A five-year-old boy has died after he fell into a hot millet porridge being prepared for sale by his grandmother at Anyinam in the Western Region.
The incident occurred on Thursday at 6:30 am in the morning, Rainbow Radio’s Christopher Anto said.
Narrating the incident on Nyankonton Mu Nsem, Christopher said, the minor died on the spot after falling into the porridge which is popularly known as ‘Hausa Koko’.
According to him, the deceased minor could not even scream for help after falling into the hot porridge.
He also indicated that grandmother of the deceased, whose name was only as Hajia, was taking her bath when the incident occurred. She came to meet the lifeless body of the boy, he added.
The police he said have kept in custody the woman pending further investigations whereas the deceased has buried.