Families of the Takoradi Girls were on Wednesday left stranded for four hours at the Sekondi High Court on a day the court was scheduled to resume hearing of the alleged kidnapping of their relatives.
On the notice board at the Sekondi High Court, the registry had posted that of the Republic versus Samuel Wills and John Oji to be heard at Court Two, among other cases.
At about 8:25am, two family members of the Takoradi girls were already at the Sekondi High Court waiting to hear their case.
The father of Ruthlove Quayson and that of Priscilla Bentum together with other family members kept pacing up and down the court premises anxiously.
For more than three hours, there was no sign of Samuel Wills, his other alleged accomplices and the police.
At about 11:15am, a police car came to the court but without the accused persons.
www.3news.com later learned that the officials from the Western Regional Police Command had come to seek another date as according to them investigations were still ongoing.
The court subsequently gave a new date of October 30.
Father of Ruthlove Quayson expressed his utter disquiet about turn of events.
“No one came to me. It was until 12 noon, I found out that the court has closed. So, I asked and I was told that the case has been postponed to October 30.
“Only last week, I was at the regional commander’s office. At least he should have informed me that the case will not come on. Maybe [the police] will postpone the case to this or that date, maybe [they] have not prepared our documents or [they] have not finished [their] investigations,” Riis Quayson said.
Other family members around claimed state prosecutors appear lethargic after results of a DNA matching test confirmed that the four missing girls are dead.
But the father of Ruthlove Quayson intends to follow the case until such time his daughter is found or he is presented with convincing evidence that his daughter is dead.
“I was here before 9am but now it is after 12. This is not good. It looks like we are being taken for granted. It is because of the case that I came from Europe. So, I will make sure that everything comes to an end. I’m not going to leave it. My children have done a lot and I’m going to continue.”
The last time the Sekondi High Court sat on the case involving the Republic versus Samuel Wills and John Oji – accused of kidnapping – was in July.