Flagbearer of the Independent Peoples Party (IPP), Kofi Akpaloo is incensed about his exclusion from the presidential race by the Electoral Commission for the second time.
The disgruntled presidential aspirant claims the EC Chairperson, Charlotte Osei is behind his exclusion due to what he says is hated.
“I’m still at a loss because I don’t why I have been disqualified again. I think they have made up their minds not to include me” he bemoaned.
Mr. Akpaloo’s sentiments comes after the EC announced the inclusion of presidential candidates of the Progressive People’s Party (PPP), National Democratic Party (NDP) and People’s National Convention (PNC) after they were disqualified along with eight others last month.
Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom, Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings and Dr Edward Mahama will now contest the December 7 election together with four other parties whose forms were passed by Commission last October.
At a news conference in Accra Wednesday, EC boss, Charlotte Osei said the Commission has rejected the nominations of eight other presidential candidates for failing to abide the C.I.94, the law governing the December polls.
The aspiring presidential candidates who have been disqualified include the United Front Party (UFP), Ward Brew and independent candidate, All People’s Congress (APC) and Independent People’s Party (IPP).
The others are candidates of the Great Consolidate Popular Party (GCPP), the United Development System Party (UDSP) and Kwame Asiedu Walker, an independent candidate.
But in an interview on Joy FM‘s Top Story Wednesday, Kofi Akpaloo described as unfortunate the decision taken by the election management body.
He explained that, the EC boss, Mrs. Osei after taking three of his subscribers through rigorous questioning, allow them to endorsement his nomination forms with an assurance that he had met all requirement thus found it straight to hear he has been disqualified again.
But Kofi Akpaloo said he is not exploring any legal options in the interest of the state.
“I don’t know why I should suffer for the sins of others but for the peace of Ghana, I will wait for 2020” he added.