The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has reiterated its full support for Black Stars deputy captain Thomas Partey as he faces ongoing legal proceedings in the United Kingdom.
Partey, 32, is confronting additional rape charges, bringing the total number of allegations to offences involving four women. He has denied all accusations.
Speaking to Asaase Radio, GFA President Kurt Okraku said the association remains in close contact with the midfielder and is confident in his mental resilience.
“Thomas Partey is our deputy captain and a key member of the Black Stars. The GFA will never ignore any situation involving a player like Partey. We’re in constant contact with him, and he is in a good frame of mind despite what we read online. He has a strong mindset and is preparing to represent Ghana at the World Cup,” Okraku said.
He stressed that the association’s support is unwavering during what he described as a challenging period for the player.
“Thomas Partey knows our position. We stand shoulder to shoulder with him during these difficult times. I’m very positive that despite all that is happening, Partey will show up for the World Cup,” he added.
Partey is scheduled to appear before the Westminster Magistrates’ Court on March 13. The alleged incidents are reported to have occurred between 2020 and 2022, following a complaint received in February 2022 and investigated by the Metropolitan Police.
The midfielder was previously granted conditional bail after pleading not guilty to earlier charges.
