The Airport District Police Command has apprehended a Togolese national for allegedly defrauding victims under the pretext of recruiting them into the Ghana Airport Company.

Suspect Alex Kwami, according to information, had printed forms using the letterhead of the company and presenting it to victims who wish to work at the Airport for a fee of GH¢200 each.

Over twenty victims paid and filled the forms for the supposed work including wards of some security services personnel.

Suspect was finally apprehended when the police got wind of his dubious activities and sent in plainclothes personnel to feign interest in order to apprehend him.

He was arrested on Monday October 31, 2016 at the Airport area.

Confirming the arrest to DAILY GUIDE, Chief Superintendent Yao Tetega said somewhere last month, it came to the notice of the Ghana Airport Company that some unscrupulous persons were using their name and letterhead to recruit people for employment.

In view of that, they issued a disclaimer to that effect warning the public.

Somewhere October, management received one of the employment forms which was in circulation with the contact number of the suspect.

One of them feigned interest in the deal, met suspect Alex Kwami at Adenta School Junction where an amount of GH¢200 was paid for the form.

He said, Kwami after giving out the form instructed the victim to attach two passport size photographs to it after filling the form and present it to him later.

A formal report was later made to the police by management after they were certain of the suspect’s whereabouts.

On October 31, 2016, plainclothes personnel were dispatched to Adenta in the bid to apprehend suspect but instead, he suggested that they meet at Airport junction.

At Airport junction, when he was about giving out a form to the police, he was arrested.

A later search in his house revealed twenty of the filled forms of some of the victims together with their passport size photographs.

Some of the victims were called to the station and they confirmed that they paid GH¢200 to suspect before they were given the forms to fill.

Suspect is still in police custody and would be processed for court soon.