A nine-member committee has been set up to plan the funeral of late UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
The committee to be chaired by a diplomat and former secretary to Cabinet, Ambassador Annan A. Cato is expected to organise the state funeral billed for 13 September 2018, in Accra, in honour of the late UN Chief.
This was contained in a statement signed by Director of Communications at the presidency, Eugene Arhin.
The Committee set up by President Akufo-Addo also has Mr Annan’s son as a member, was put together by President Akufo-Addo, in consultation with the late UN Chief’s widow, Mrs Nane Maria Annan, as well as his children and family members.
READ: Audio: I’m empty – SDA pastor breaks silence
Below are the members:
1. Cecilia Abena Dapaah, Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources
2. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, MP and Minister-designate of Information
3. Ambassador Mercy Debrah Karikari, Secretary to Cabinet
4. Ambassador Ahmed Hassan, Director of State Protocol
5. Samuel Kumah, Chief of Protocol at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
6. Brigadier-General Charles Awity, Director-General, Personnel Administration of the Ghana Armed Forces
7. Ambassador Patrick Hayford, Retired UN official
8. Kojo Annan, Son of the late Mr. Kofi Annan