The Member of Parliament for Ofoase-Ayirebi, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, has accused Deputy Attorney General Justice Srem-Sai of misinforming the public over a recent Supreme Court ruling concerning his application.
Mr Oppong Nkrumah said it was disappointing for the Deputy Attorney General to claim on social media that his application was based on “deliberate falsehoods”.
In a Facebook post, the MP argued that the proceedings were witnessed by several journalists and that the court’s ruling was a matter of public record.
He disputed the suggestion that the Supreme Court found his application to be based on deliberate falsehoods, insisting that the court record would show otherwise.
According to him, the judge instead indicated during proceedings that the Deputy Attorney General had misunderstood the application.
His comments follow a ruling by the Supreme Court on Friday, August 21, 2026, which paved the way for selected criminal trials to continue during the legal vacation.
Justice Gabriel Pwamang, sitting as a single judge of the Supreme Court, dismissed Mr Oppong Nkrumah’s application seeking to halt the proceedings, ruling that the applicant had not made a proper case for an interlocutory injunction.
The decision means the affected courts can continue sitting under administrative warrants issued by Chief Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie.
Mr Oppong Nkrumah rejected the argument that the application constituted misinformation because it resulted in the courts not sitting for a week.
He maintained that the temporary disruption did not take away his constitutional right to seek an interpretation of the law where he believed constitutional rights or principles had been breached.
“If my application has resulted in the courts not sitting for one week, that does not transform the constitutional right to seek interpretation into a falsehood,” he said.
The Ofoase-Ayirebi MP also stressed that the substantive case arising from the application was yet to be heard and determined by the court.
He further challenged the Deputy Attorney General to reconcile his criticism of the application with his own call for respect for the judiciary.
“The Deputy Attorney General cannot insist that courts must be respected and then attack litigants for invoking the powers of these very courts,” Mr Oppong Nkrumah stated.
See the post below:
READ ALSO:
Legal vacation: Deputy AG accuses Oppong Nkrumah of ‘deliberate falsehood’
I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses…







