Hearts of Oak have confirmed that FIFA has closed a case involving former coach René Hiddink after the Ghanaian club fully settled the amount owed to him.
In a statement dated August 18, 2026, the Accra-based club said it had received official confirmation from FIFA that the matter had been concluded and that the registration restrictions imposed on the club had been lifted.
The restrictions were linked to an outstanding payment owed to Hiddink, which Hearts of Oak said had now been paid in full and duly confirmed by the former coach.
“Hearts of Oak Sporting Club wishes to inform its cherished supporters, stakeholders, partners, and the general public that FIFA has officially communicated to the Club the closure of the matter involving Rene Hiddink,” the club said.
“The closure follows the full settlement of the amount due to Mr Hiddink, which has been duly confirmed by him. Consequently, FIFA has formally lifted all registration restrictions previously imposed on the Club in connection with the matter.”
Hearts of Oak welcomed the resolution, expressing satisfaction that the dispute had been brought to an end.
The club also said it had acted in good faith throughout the process and urged its supporters and other stakeholders to remain calm following the resolution.

The lifting of the FIFA restrictions comes as Hearts of Oak prepare for the 2026-27 Ghana Premier League season under new head coach Nebojša Kapor.
The Phobians will begin their campaign at home against Berekum Chelsea as they look to make a strong start to the new season.







