Deputy Communication Minister breaks silence on accident on Bolgatanga-Tumu road

-

Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

The Deputy Minister for Communications, Digital Technology and Innovations, Mohammed Adams Sukparu, has assured the public that he is safe and recovering steadily after being involved in a road accident last week.

The incident occurred while he was travelling with the Minister for Education, Haruna Iddrisu, to attend the 8th Congregation and 40th Anniversary celebration of Tumu College of Education.

In a statement issued on February 15, 2026, Mr Sukparu said he is responding well to medical treatment and remains in good spirits as he observes a short period of rest in line with medical advice.

“Alhamdulillah, by the mercy of Almighty Allah, I am safe and currently receiving medical care. I am recovering well and have been advised by medical professionals to rest and observe a period of recuperation,” he said.

He expressed gratitude to President John Dramani Mahama, Vice President Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang, Speaker of Parliament Alban Bagbin, Chief of Staff Julius Debrah, and the Minister for Communications, Samuel Nartey George, for their support and concern following the accident.

Mr Sukparu also thanked Members of Parliament, fellow ministers, chief executive officers, and residents of the Sissala West constituency for their prayers, messages, and visits.

He further acknowledged the timely assistance of Hon. Issah Mohammed Bataglia, MP for Sissala East, and praised the medical staff at Tumu Municipal Hospital and the 37 Military Hospital for their professionalism and care.

The Deputy Minister reassured the public that he remains in stable condition and is focused on making a full recovery.

RELATED: