There are few things more annoying than getting into a great exercise routine, only to find yourself stuck in a rut a few months down the line.
Don’t stress; we all go through these ups and downs when it comes to exercising.
Luckily for us, there are always quick fixes to get us back on track and loving our sweaty routines again!
Tricks to get you back on track
- Buddy up with a friend or splurge on a personal trainer. Having that person next to you to give you that extra push when you need it most is never boring.
- Take a break from the gym and make nature your new ‘gym’ for a while. Get walking, jogging, biking or swimming.
- Challenge yourself by doing something completely out of your comfort zone like joining a martial arts, kickboxing or karate studio.
- Sign up for an Adventure Boot Camp. These run on a month-to-month basis and they’re a great way to get your daily dose of vitamin D, and meet some new friends.
- Try CrossFit – the latest fitness trend everyone’s talking about.
- Sign up for a race – even if it’s only a 5km fun walk that’s happening next year.
- Think about what you’re eating during the day and how much sleep you’re getting. These both impact on your ability (and happy mood) to work out effectively. What can you do to improve these areas?