Boy, 10 dies of snake bite

Source: Ghana/Adom News   
0
SNAKE

A 10-year-old boy has died after a snake bit him at Tranan, a village in the Dormaa Central District of the Brong Ahafo region.

This was after the only Community-Based Health Planning and Services (CHPS Compound) did not have the anti-snake injection to stop the spread of the venom.

ALSO READ: Boxer Emmanuel Tagoe stripped of IBO title

Father of the deceased, Adjei Nsiah, in an interview on Adom News said the snake bit his son en route to the farm.

He noted that efforts by the nurses to give him first aid proved futile so the young boy was rushed to the Dormaa Hospital but he died upon arrival.

ALSO READ: AUDIO: I’m in love with Oye Lithur – Abronye DC

Meanwhile, the nurse at the CHPS Compound whose name was only given as Bernice said she cannot be blamed for the death of the young boy.

She explained that for the past 10 years the facility has not been given any anti-snake drugs.

Even if they had the medicine, Bernice added that without the prescription of a doctor, it cannot be administered.

ALSO READ: JUST IN: Morocco misses out on hosting 2026 World Cup

She therefore called on government to help stock the CHPS compound with anti-snake drugs to avert such avoidable death.

SHARE